Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Stamping & Coloring on non-white Paper

Hi,
As I promised in here, I am sharing another card today. It's still using stamping technique. I also want to enter to a new challenge hosted by Hero Arts, called Fabulous Flowers Challenge.
So, the stamping technique here should incorporate floral design. Like any other card makers, I collect many floral stamps from many different brands.. LOL!
And from that many designs I have, I particularly chose Hero Arts - Delicate Poppy. My all time favorite!

I wanted to do vintage-look, so I picked my kraft-colored patterned paper from Bazzill.


I stamped my image and heat embossed them. I used my watercolor pencil to color. Since the paper is not particularly watercolor paper, I was using a very little water just to blend the color. To make it more vintage, I added ink blending here and there and randomly stamp some text all over the areas.

It was a simple process actually, just need an extra detail on adjusting the color. As finishing touch, I embellished the design with border sticker and enamel dot.

Here's a detail look:


Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing your artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the coloring/inking and the bit of washi and embellishments you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Sometimes simple is the way to go, but this does not look simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love how you stamped and colored on patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is GORGEOUS!
    Thanks for joining the Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete