Saturday, September 19, 2015

Stenciling & Dry Embossing with Dies

I had this Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies for so long but always having hard times to create something with that. Funny, because I really like the dies. But today I did different approach using that die. Rather than simply die cut it, I used it as a stencil and embossing folder.


I placed the negative die cut on watercolor paper and blend with several colors of Ranger distress ink to create an autumny look. After that, placed again the dies over the the blended ink, but instead of die cutting it, I did dry embossing. That way I could preserve the stitched detail of the leaves. 
I also wanted to have a shimmery gold in my card, so I spray my Heidi Swapp Gold color shine. 

Here's the overalll look:


2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! The shimmer and shine is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... you are a very talented lady:) i love the way you make your cards...:) i hope to learn from you.. but you are GIfted... lucky you!!! love love love... i just sent you some love:)

    ReplyDelete