Thursday, September 24, 2015

Enjoy This Day

Today in Indonesia is a holiday celebrated by Muslim worldwide called Eid al-Adha, or Feast of Sacrifice. It actually honors the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son as an act of submission to God's command. As a symbol to that day, we are Muslim who can afford to, sacrifice their best halal domestic animal (usually cow or goat). This Eid al-Adha also is the second largest Muslim holiday.

I'm also in holiday for one day. I don't want to share pictures of slaughtered animals that makes any inconvenience for your eyes, but yeah, I did made a card. This is a simple and quick card I made using Altenew - Painted Poppy (again). I did a different stamping technique here: stamped the outer flowers and leaves on colored cardstock using versafine onyx black, then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I like it that way rather than using black powder. After that, I blended with several Ranger inks to obtain this look:


You can see the subtle white texts that I stamped on top of the flowers. My plan was to create something vintage, but now after the card finished, I'm not sure if it's vintage/ not.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this day, like I do.

4 comments:

  1. So very pretty, I love the subtle stamped text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your stamping style. This is my first visit to your site but it will not be my last.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog because I follow Hero Arts and your entry in their Makeover Challenge was the best. Caught my eye right away. Very pretty. I would subscribe to email alerts for new posts to your blog if I could find a place to do so.

    ReplyDelete