Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Farewell Blog Hop to Paper Crafts Magazine



Hello fellow crafter,
Today we are doing a blog hop to pay a tribute to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking (PC&S) and team of Editors who work with the Magazine. If you came here through Nicki Scheck's blog, you are at the right track. When I started this hobby in 2012 Paper Crafts have been my go-to-references. I was so fascinating with the content and wowed with the creativity of the contributors, and still am. I would say I grow with Paper Crafts Magz. Everyday I check in to it's blog (and it's designers' blogs), to search for ideas, learn new techniques, and have an update on trends. What's amazing about it, is that the magazine embraces the readers, contributors, and crafters to form a solid community and we connect as friends. I never imagine having lot's of new friends from this hobby, although I never met most of them in person.

My very first published project was in Holiday Cards & More Vol. 8 issue. It was like dream come true. I thrilled to see my name printed on the magazine (OK, that was over react, ha ha..). Since then, Susan Opel's emails have been regularly sitting on my mailbox, letting me know about the happy news. For me, she's one of few person I know who work with passion and has a contagious enthusiasm. My other favorite girls is Holly Anderson. I got her first email when she informed me I am the Winner of 2013 WCMD Contest. That was so awesome!

Knowing that PC&S will cease it's publication after actually have changed of ownership is something we never thought would happen. The fact that internet has impact on publication industry doesn't seem to affect much on PC&S business. I have analysis on this, but you don't want to hear it.
All I want to say to PC&S team is that I am so thankful having the opportunity to know you, allowing me to channel my creativity with the magazine, and introduce me to the wide world of this pleasant community. I am so lucky to have something that makes saying good bye so hard. And for Jennifer, Kerri, Susan, Holly, and Stacy, you are all talented and totally dedicated person. I hope you will have more adventurous things in front of you. Or, hey, you together could make a new publication. Just keep the organization slim and less cost, okay?

This card was submitted for Stamp & Ink It Techniques, the issue that's always special and highly anticipated, but will never be published. I just think the sentiment fits the purpose.


Have a nice day to all of you. I hope this is not the end of our friendship. Keep on crafting and enjoy life!.
Now, you should go to Danielle Pandeline's blog.
Hugs.

7 comments: