Thursday, July 31, 2014

Watercolor Stamping

Hello,
When designing in a card, I tend to make clean and simple design. However everytime I see watercolor painting like these on Pinterest, I'm dying to try them on my next card project, which sometimes not clean and simple.

My father was a painter. He liked to draw natural object like flowers, scenery, fruits. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit his talent. I had so much struggle whenever I do watercolor stamping. This card I'm about to show is one of them.



I waste LOTS OF white papers to admit this look, and still, I'm not really satisfy with the result. Never imagine I would do that. I almost gave up trying. And you know what? I think I won't be able to make another one similar.

I'm using Mama Elephant - Central Park clear stamp for the building and the carriage. I stamp on wet paper with distress ink. Be careful not to add so much water. For the tree, I'm using Hero Arts from Helloween collection (forget the name). I did a lot of blending with water to keep the image as natural as possible. As this already a busy image, I just mat it on cardbase.

So, is it worth to try? For me, I'll be practicing more often.
Have a nice weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment