Thursday, December 5, 2013

My favourites in 2013: Crafty Supplies


How fast!. We are already in December. As 2014 is coming really soon, let’s have some fun with listing down favorites crafty things in 2013.

Please note that all of them were not new released in 2013, but I used them very often on my creations during 2013. In no particular order, here they are:

I like to create scene on my card and in my opinion, adding sunshine will make a good scene. Sunshine means warm, good day and good beginning. This stamp is so versatile. You can use this for many occasions like warm wishes, great day, summer, New Year, holiday, or even congrats.

Hero Arts Starburst Background
Country Sunshine card using HA Starburst Background


This is also a good stamp. Ijust like the sentiment (so encouraging) and the font type. It’s not a traditional greeting, but you can use it in many occasions as well. 

Wplus9 Design Sweet Nothing
Just Believe Card using Wplus9 Sweet Nothing

  
I lately hooked on collage stamping. This stamp set is like a must have for me. It gives you a nice effect on your card. You just need a little part of the stamp, use it lightly, on the corner or overlapping the image, and voila!

Hero Arts 19th Century French Script



Thankful for you card using HA 19th Century French Script

 
I like alphabet dies, and good thing about this dies is that it comes in separate 30 pieces. You don’t have to die cut the whole set to have a specific word (it saves paper, LOL!). Apart from that, you can use it as negative, or even a little modification like my card here. 
 
Papertrey Ink Modern Alphabet Dies
Hello card using PTI Modern Alphabet Dies

I only have 2 dies from Magnolia and this is my favourite. I just like the beautiful border shape.

Doohickey - Tilda Lace
 
Birthday girl card using Doohickey Tilda Lace


I’m not good at ribbon tying, so I use this to give accent to my card, very very often. 

Jute Twine from May Arts
Celebrate card using May Arts Jute Twine

FYI, this Celebrate Card is published in a new digital edition of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking.


This paper is advertised as the best stamping, printing, and copic coloring paper. I only do copic coloring once in a while, but I stamp everytime. It’s really good and the thickness is enough for cardstock. I also like the smooth texture and the bright white.

Neenah Classic Solar White
Great Day Card using Neenah solar white


When I tried this product for the first time, I instantly in love with it. Did you know that instead of spraying it, you can also splashing it from the lid? That’s how I do with glimmer mist.
 
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Smile Card using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist


Sometimes you need to pick up different color with your stamp. For that purpose, you’ll need Distress Marker to make it easier. Just apply the marker directly to your stamp, then stamp to the surface. If you want to give a watercolour effect, spray with water if you want, or just wet your watercolour paper.

Ranger Distress Marker
Cry, Laugh, Remember Card using Ranger Distress Marker

I know, it's a magazine. But I consider it as a crafty supplies. And this is my most favorite by far. I tell you what, I read this before I go to sleep, on train, while waiting for a doctor. Since I love stamping and this magazine contains lot's of stamping technique, I know that I'll be reading it over and over again.

Stamp It! Card Challenges
One of my favorites from the magazine by Bethany Stellpflug



That’s my top 10 lists from me. I’d like to know your favourite crafty supplies. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment