Saturday, November 2, 2013

Give Me Five!

Today I want to feature cards I made sometimes ago. I was so into patterned paper. I tell you this is not my comfort zone, since I most of the times accentuate on stamps. However after I read this Handmade Cards (FYI, I have 1 card published in this issue), I envy with those beautiful cards which emphasize on supplies-rather than stamps.
These cards-not only I minimized the use on stamps, but I also use five supplies (yes, five!). Check them out.

First Card - Happy Anniversary
 Supply #1: Cardstock (American Crafts); Supply #2: Patterned Papers (forget the manufacturer - will inform you later); Supply #3: Sentiment stamp (from Hero Arts); Supply #4: Black ink (Tuxedo Black);Supply #5: Twine

2nd Card - Hello How You Doin?
 Supply #1: Cardstock (American Crafts); Supply #2: Alphabet Dies (PTI); Supply #3: Sentiment stamp (from Mama Elephant); Supply #4: Black ink (Tuxedo Black); Supply #5: Patterned Paper (from Basic Grey).


3rd Card: Light Up My Life Card
 
Supply #1: Cardstock (American Crafts); Supply #2: Patterned Papers (Amy Tangerine); Supply #3: Sunburst Background Stamp (from Hero Arts); Supply #4: Sentiment Stamp (Lawn Fawn); Supply #5: Ink (Tangelo & Tuxedo Black from Memento).

Let me be honest, I did two times trial and error on second card. To transform plain alphabet dies into frame needed an extra patience. Just make sure your 'sandwich' on your machine do not cut all parts of the dies. You need to leave about 2 mm on bottom of the alphabet to remain uncut.

Well, that's all from today. I hope I can write another post next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Asty, I've just come across your blog while looking at the entries on CASual Fridays challenge, and I had to drop you a note to tell you how lovely your work is. You have some gorgeous cards on here. I wanted to join but I only have a Google address, but I will save you to my favourites and pop in occasionally! keep the inspiration coming!! Love Rachael (www.allthingspurpleandsparkly.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael. I visited to your blog. Yours also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete