Monday, January 28, 2013

Winter theme card

It's been a while I didn't do blogging. Today I want to share my cards I made last weekend. I made two cards to submit to a lawnscaping challenge # 50. We have to make any creations inspired by winter, snow, etc.
And again, I have to observe, improvise how a winter scene could be as I don't have winter in my country.
So here is the first card:

I used Lawn Fawn Making Frosty Friends as an image. I heat embossed several snowflakes into white cardstock and blended a little bit distress ink from winter seasonal series.

And this is the second card:
 
I used Lawn Fawn Ornate Ornaments as an image and Hero Arts for the sentiment. First, I created mask at white cardstock, stamped branches with some green dye inks and also heat embossed them with clear embossing powder to visualize snows in a branches. Blended with distress ink.



That's for today. Thank you and have a nice day.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that technique with the embossing and the distress inks. Both cards came out awesome!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards...!! Lovely masking technic...thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards! Great use of the distress inks! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the hazy look of the first card - I often feel that way when the snow gets to blowing around here, lol! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete